Friday, February 05, 2010

The Locke Dressed Monster

I finally watched the 2 hour Lost premiere "LA X" (I didn't realize the space between the A and the X was important but it is).

A few thoughts:

I'm glad to see that others think of this season's flashes as "flash-sideways". That's how I took it. First flash backs, then flash forwards... now flash sideways.

I didn't take it that the whole island was sumberged. As the camera is zooming down, you can still see trees above water. So to me the island wasn't completely destroyed. Not sure how that might play out.

My guess is that the flash-sideways will show that the characters are really better off for having crashed on the island. They will show that their lives turned out much worse. Those who died will still die but under much worse circumstances, etc. Those who lived will go back to meaningless or terrible existences. And all flash-sideways' will be filled with coincidence meetings of characters.

Loving Locke as the smoke monster. My new name for him is "The Locke Dressed Monster". Use it. I'll pay you ;) I hope that they are able to do some really cool stuff with him this season.


TOTAL SPECULATION: I think it will come down to "The Locke Dressed Monster" getting killed right before getting off the island. Somebody will sacrifice themselves to prevent it thereby bringing balance to the force, or whatver.


Great start to the final season!

No comments:

Post a Comment